The Best Thermostat Installation Services in the Fairfield, OH Area
When your home’s thermostat doesn’t work, there’s a good chance that your home isn’t comfortable. This can manifest itself in many ways. From hot and cold spots around your home to a home that can’t reach the set temperature, or difficulty controlling the temperature in your home are all potential issues. If these scenarios are familiar to you, then it might be time to upgrade your thermostat.
Hill-Air Heating & Air Conditioning provides quality thermostat installation services in Fairfield, OH, and the Greater Cincinnati Tri-State area. There are many things that can go wrong when your thermostat is not working properly and nearing the end of its life. Talk to us today to take a look at your thermostat and help you decide if a new one should be installed.
When to Replace Your Thermostat
While some thermostat issues are more obvious, others require a bit more attention to discover. If you notice any of the following issues, it’s likely that your thermostat needs to be replaced.
- Incorrect temperature readings
- Suddenly high energy consumption and bills
- Short cycling HVAC system
- The thermostat is 10-15 years old
- It doesn’t respond to settings or temperature changes
Sometimes the location of your thermostat can be throwing the temperature of your house off. If your thermostat is on an exterior wall, the cold air from the outside could be skewing the temperature to make it think it’s colder in your home than it actually is. Thermostats that are located in sunny rooms or near appliances can also make a room feel warmer than it is, which can make the rest of the house seem cold. Let Hill-Air see if the location of your thermostat could also be causing comfort issues in your home.
Benefits of Thermostat Replacement
Replacing or relocating your thermostat can bring several benefits, including:
- Enhanced Energy Efficiency: Upgrading to a newer, programmable or smart thermostat allows for precise control over your heating and cooling settings. You can schedule temperature adjustments to align with your daily routine, resulting in energy savings and reduced utility bills.
Improved Comfort: A properly positioned thermostat ensures accurate temperature sensing and distribution throughout your home. By relocating it to a more central or strategic location, you can achieve more balanced heating and cooling, avoiding hot or cold spots.
- Modern Features and Technology: Newer thermostats offer advanced features like Wi-Fi connectivity, smart home integration, and mobile app control. These features provide convenience and flexibility, allowing you to adjust settings remotely or create personalized temperature zones for different areas of your home.
- Better System Performance: Replacing an outdated or malfunctioning thermostat can contribute to the overall performance of your HVAC system. A faulty thermostat can cause temperature inconsistencies, short cycling, or improper system operation. By upgrading to a reliable thermostat, you can optimize the performance and longevity of your HVAC equipment.
- Energy Usage Tracking: Some modern thermostats come equipped with energy monitoring features, providing insights into your energy consumption patterns. This information helps you identify opportunities for further energy savings and make informed decisions about your HVAC usage.
- Increased Compatibility: If you’ve upgraded or replaced your HVAC system, it may be necessary to replace your thermostat to ensure compatibility with the new equipment. This ensures optimal functionality and prevents any compatibility issues that could affect system performance.
By considering these benefits, you can make an informed decision about whether replacing or relocating your thermostat is the right choice for your home and HVAC system.
Types of Thermostats to Choose From
There have been many advancements in thermostat technology lately, and homeowners can really take advantage of them by upgrading their systems to a much more modern model. Whichever you prefer, Hil-Air can install any of these types of thermostats in your home.
Manual thermostats are often just a dial that you adjust on your own. No computers or buttons are involved. Many homeowners like this tried and true method of controlling the temperature in their homes.
Programmable thermostats are excellent choices for homes that stay on consistent schedules. They allow you to set the thermostat to different temperatures at different points throughout the day to maximize HVAC efficiency and decrease energy consumption. For example, if nobody is typically home between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. throughout the work week, you can set the thermostat to turn the HVAC to a lower temperature while you’re gone. You can then set it to raise the temperature to a warmer setting just before you arrive back home, ensuring you come home to a comfortable household.
Wi-Fi and Smart Thermostats
W-iFi and smart thermostats come with the same features provided by manual and programmable thermostats, while also allowing you to change the temperature from nearly anywhere via smartphone applications. They can also sense when someone is in the house and the weather outside to make automatic adjustments to the temperature in the home. Wi-Fi and smart thermostats can even provide you with energy usage reports to show you how much energy you’re using at different points throughout the day. You can make adjustments based on this data to reduce energy usage and take advantage of reduced energy bills.
Contact Hill-Air For Thermostat Installation
If you’re looking for an affordable way to make your home more energy efficient and comfortable without purchasing a new HVAC system, upgrading your thermostat might be the best solution. Talk to the heating and cooling professionals at Hill-Air Heating & Air Conditioning to see which thermostat model would serve your Fairfield, OH area home the best.