Air Conditioning Maintenance
Can you recall the last time your air conditioner received maintenance? If you don’t remember or it’s been several years, it’s definitely overdue! Air conditioner maintenance may seem like one of those tasks you can skip, but, in actuality, it’s crucial to the overall health and longevity of your air conditioning system.
Regular maintenance helps air conditioners run more efficiently, which lowers energy bills, reduces repairs, and increases the system’s overall lifespan. Hill-Air Heating & Air Conditioning has provided air conditioning maintenance services to homes and businesses across the Cincinnati Tri-State area since 1986. We would be happy to inspect your AC unit and provide the maintenance it requires to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long. Contact us today for air conditioning maintenance service in Fairfield, OH, and the surrounding area.
How Often Do Air Conditioners Need Maintenance?
Air conditioners should be tuned up at least once a year, preferably in the spring before you turn on the system for the first time. We receive many calls each spring from homeowners whose air conditioners wouldn’t turn on during the first hot day of the year.
However, it’s never too late to schedule maintenance service for your AC. Maintenance in late spring or summer is better than no maintenance at all.
Benefits of Annual Air Conditioner Maintenance Service
If you’re not convinced yet about the importance of regular air conditioner maintenance, consider the following benefits:
During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will calibrate, clean, and inspect all components to ensure proper functioning. During the inspection phase, we can spot smaller issues and recommend the needed repairs before they turn into larger, more costly issues to fix. If you want to save yourself from frequent repairs, invest in AC maintenance service.
Improved Efficiency and Lower Energy Bills
Routine maintenance also helps your air conditioner run more efficiently. This will help it reach the set temperature on the thermostat more quickly, which will cause it to run less. This, in turn, reduces wear and tear and lowers energy bills.
Longer System Lifespan
Air conditioners can often last 15-20 years, but there is a caveat – regular maintenance must be performed to reach that age. A lack of maintenance can often mean you’ll have to pay for a new system after 10-15 years. Keep your hard-earned money in your pocket for a few more years with AC maintenance.
What’s Included in an AC Maintenance Tune-Up?
- Check the compressor’s amp draw, electrical voltage, noise level, and condition to ensure proper operation.
- Verify refrigerant charge is correct using refrigeration manifold gauges and temperatures to verify superheat and/or sub-cooling.
- Check the micro-fared rating of the capacitor for the compressor/outdoor fan motor and the capacitor for the indoor blower motor.
- Clean any large debris from the bottom of the outdoor unit and rinse with water.
- Check the condenser coil and clean it with water (cleaner solution extra if needed).
- Check evaporator/indoor coil for cleanliness if easily accessible (cleaner solution extra if needed).
- Check indoor air temperatures to determine proper air temperature drop or Delta T.
- Check the condensate drain for debris and cracks, to ensure the operation and flush with water.
- Check the condition of the secondary drain pan and wet switch operation if applicable.
- Check operation of outdoor fan motor and blades, including amp draw, condition, and barrings.
- Oil any motors or shaft bearings that are not sealed.
- Check the indoor blower wheel (cleaning the blower wheel extra if needed).
- Check the condition of the blower motor belt, electrical amp draw, assembly motor shafts, and pulleys if applicable.
- Check electrical connections for tightness and any discoloration due to excessive heat.
- Check electrical wire insulation for integrity and to verify no apparent cracks or shorts.
- Check the operation of the system from the thermostat.
- Check the air filter for cleanliness (air filter extra if needed).
- Record model and serial numbers and place a Hill-Air service report decal on all pieces of equipment for ease of reference as a reminder for the customer to keep track of air filter changes and system cleanings.
- Ask the customer if they have any questions, if so answer them thoroughly and professionally.
Enroll in Hill-Air’s Preventive Service Plan
At Hill-Air Heating & Air Conditioning, we understand it can be easy for busy homeowners to forget to schedule regular maintenance for their HVAC system. Fortunately, we have a solution to that problem – our Preventive Service Plan. Depending on the plan you select, you can receive two HVAC maintenance visits a year, one in the fall for your heating system and again in the spring for your cooling system, priority repair response time, scheduled reminder services, and much more.
Some of the benefits of enrolling in our maintenance plans include:
- Extending the life of your HVAC equipment
- Enhancing equipment safety
- Maximizing equipment efficiency
- Detecting unforeseen failures & repairs
- Peace of mind
Contact Hill-Air for Air Conditioning Maintenance Service Today
When the temperature cranks up in Fairfield, OH and the Greater Cincinnati area this summer, be confident you have an air conditioner that will hold up during the hottest days of summer. Regular maintenance is a cost-effective, easy way to ensure your air conditioner receives the TLC it requires. Contact us today to schedule air conditioning maintenance.